Top Trends in Green Vacations
1) Voluntourism: an emerging trend that shows many travelers are interested in their value per dollar as well as satisfying their own values and principals. Voluntourism answers the call for tourism growth in some places as well as travelers’ self growth.
2) Walking Safaris: Guides are abe to share a wealth of knowledge about the fauna and the local tribes while taking people slowly through these natural surroundings. It is also much easier to understand issues facing people in their land when walking through the land as they do.
3) Guilt-free Travel: Traveling green means traveling without guilt, whether on a carbon traded trip or a local experience that leaves no footprints. Such can be seen in “zero-carbon” hotels.
4) Think globally, travel locally. Discover the secrets of the town you live in. Hike to a waterfall, ride to the next town.
5) Some added helpful tips from Eco Green Travel:
- Before leaving the house, turn off (or down/up) the thermostat, turn off the water, and unplug all the appliances.
- Pack light. Coordinated blacks and whites cuts the piles of clothes.
- If you’re driving as part of your holiday…Stop acting like a Racing car driver. Its safer and you save money by conserving gas.
- Refuse maid service while in your hotel. Refusing maid service will reduce the amount of resources, electricity, chemicals, and water used by the hotel.
- Carry a reusable water bottle with you. The benefits here are obvious, plastic bottles are the major cause of environmental problems across the globe. In fact plastic bottles take hundreds of years to breakdown. So stay clear of plastic bottles and grab an aluminum water bottle.
- Let hotel managers know that you chose their hotel because of they have green initiatives and are eco friendly. Choose green every time.
- While on vacation, dine at local restaurants and purchase souvenirs from local vendors, not chains. Explore and enjoy the area you stay in and support the community that helps you have a great holiday.