With an average rate of $1,179 per night for a standard double room, the Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch leads the rankings. Only slightly cheaper is the St. Regis Deer Valley resort, located in Park City, Utah. At $1,174 nightly, it ranks second most expensive on the survey. Meanwhile, Aspen, Colorado’s Little Nell rounds out the Top 3 with an average overnight rate of $1,047.
Nine out of the 10 most expensive hotels are found in either Colorado or Utah. The only exception is Wyoming’s Amangani hotel, located a short shuttle ride away from the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. To stay in a standard double room there, guests will have to shell out $1,040 per night.
Following are the rankings of the 10 most expensive luxury ski hotels in the United States. The rates listed reflect the average price for the least expensive double room at each hotel, for the period spanning February 1 to March 31, 2014.
- Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch (Beaver Creek, CO) $1179
- St. Regis Deer Valley (Park City, Utah) $1174
- The Little Nell (Aspen, CO) $1047
- Amangani (Jackson Hole, WY) $1040
- Montage Deer Valley (Park City, Utah) $985
- St. Regis Aspen (Aspen, CO) $967
- Hotel Jerome (Aspen, CO) $861
- Washington School House (Park City, Utah) $850
- Viceroy Snowmass (Aspen, CO) $749
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek (Beaver Creek, CO) $739